Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
donfoo Offline OP
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
OP Offline

Hi Gina,

I have been reading your story. Sounds like your surgery is coming soon and the plan is that surgery is the main course of treatment and no chemo or radiation. That makes life much easier for you.

I'm in Lamorinda area, about 6 miles west of WC Kaiser. My son goes there, I picked up a prescription there last night, but I get most treatment and care via John Muir.

We are fortunate to live in such a large metro area as there are so many good choices close by. Some folks here are a long way from specialty care and may have to travel to another state and stay for periods of time.

Be well and stay positive!
Don

Don
Male, 57 - Great health except C
Dec '12
DX: BOT SCC T2N2bMx, Stage 4a, HPV+, multiple nodes
1 tooth out
Jan '13
2nd tooth out
Tumor Board -induction TPF (3 cycles), seq CRT
4-6/2013
CRT 70gr 2x35, weekly carbo150
ended 5/29,6/4
All the details, join at http://beatdown.cognacom.com
donfoo Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello OCF,

I started a blog site early on to have a record for myself of the details of my war with cancer. It seems coherent enough now so I invite you folks to join the site and read my detail postings.

The site is totally private, nobody sees anything unless you register and it is a read only site so nobody can post for anyone else to see. If you want to view my blog, please send me a PM and I will give you the info how to check it out. Feel free to send me suggestions there or here.

Thanks
Don

Don
Male, 57 - Great health except C
Dec '12
DX: BOT SCC T2N2bMx, Stage 4a, HPV+, multiple nodes
1 tooth out
Jan '13
2nd tooth out
Tumor Board -induction TPF (3 cycles), seq CRT
4-6/2013
CRT 70gr 2x35, weekly carbo150
ended 5/29,6/4
All the details, join at http://beatdown.cognacom.com

My boyfriend did injunctive chemo. He is 50 and very healthy. He was stage 4 but, it was only in one lymph and very defined. Was growing fast but, not spreading. We had planned originally on surgery but, after going around and researching everything, even a crazy asian/holistic medicine guy in Honolulu and meeting for pre-op with the surgeon, we determined that surgery didn't change his survival or treatment plan and would only postpone that actual treatment that much longer. Afer the 3 treatments of chemo, 1 week on 2 weeks off, he has a clean PET scan. Just starting radiation now to get all the micro cells and get it out! He tolerated the chemo pretty well I'd say. He had a few bad days after treatment was done but, was riding his bike 6 miles a day and playing tennis by the time treatment came around again. Everyone is different that's what I keep finding out. Ask every question you can think of. There are no dumb questions! Its your body and your life, do what feels right to you even when it's scary as hell!

Take care!

Caregiver to boyfriend
Diagnosed 10/12
stage 4, SCC Left Lymphnode Unknown primary
most likely in the left tonsil
HPV+, non-smoker, social drinker
No surgery, 1 week on 2 weeks off chemo, 5fu, cisplatinum and taxotere completed 12/22/12
PET 1/13 clean
starting radiation 1/22/13 - 8 weeks with weekly chemo
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320