Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Senior Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline

Hi guys,
it�s beem a while that I dont post here. I�m alive, working hard and challeging new professional issues at my company.

So I went to my second MRI follow-up on july 18th. Hate that machine. And just got the results.

It says about some bilateral lymphnodes that must be followed-up with clinic observation, the larger has 1,7 X 0,4 cm. The others are small. There�s no word recurrence or metastasis on the sheet. But "clinic investigation for reational nodes" made me freeze.

I freezed. Cryied. Yes.

Mainly because I�ll travel next week and spend 19 outside my country. And I�m freaking. When I tought I was going to relax the memories come back just as the Celine Dion song "it's all coming back, it's all coming back to me now...".

Any advice, help? Please guys... only you will understand.

Last edited by braziliangirl82; 07-23-2012 04:15 PM.

December, 2011 - T1N0M0 SSC Oral Tongue sugery (Dec 07, 2011). Partial glossectomy, primary closure. Selective Neck dissection, all 57 nodes free. 29 at diagnosis, no risk factors at all. No smoking, drinking and HPV negative. Can you explain? I can't.
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Hi! Oh what a rough day. So sorry honey. Yes I HATE those MRI machines. Absolute torture.This would upset me too.

So the MRI results were just handed to you?..
There is a ton of information and technical jargon that must be interpreted by a physician.

Well before you go into panic mode and start freaking out meet with your Drs and get thier interpretation of the results first. Its early on since you finished up treatment. Things are setting and healing. This may be nothing at all.

Just be calm and insist upon speaking with and or meetingw ith your Drs. so they can give you thier opinion. You should still go travel and enjoy your trip. You've earned it!!!!!

Tongue Cancer T2 N0 M0 /
Total Glossectomy Due to Location of Tumor

Finished all treatments May 25 2007
Surviving!!!
OP Offline

Hi Kate!

Nice to have you replying my topic, since I admire u so much and read lots of topics and things abou you. We have lots of in common: we both are designers, the same age, with crazy cells that showed up in our tongues.

Well, i photograph the report and emailed my doc yesterday night and he replyed:

"Ludmilla, i�m outside Brazil right now. The report is good, but I need to see the images. Make the appointment as soon as you can. Dr Kowalski"

E replyied again asking: Ok, then I can travel without worries?

Let�s see if he answer (hope so), it�s my first big trip after my cancer, after my father�s death... I want to simply travel like a 30 y.o girl without main worries. Well, I want my main worry yo be: choosing Forever 21 insted of H&M. Pancakes instead of salad. Starbucks instead Dunkin Donuts.

That�s stupid I know. But I want to feel worryless again!

I�ll try!

Oh, you should look this video that says something nice about MRI. Do you now IDEO? I just found out that David Kelley also had H&N Cancer. Inspiring! http://www.ted.com/talks/david_kelley_on_human_centered_design.html

December, 2011 - T1N0M0 SSC Oral Tongue sugery (Dec 07, 2011). Partial glossectomy, primary closure. Selective Neck dissection, all 57 nodes free. 29 at diagnosis, no risk factors at all. No smoking, drinking and HPV negative. Can you explain? I can't.
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

Hugs to you! I don't have any advice other than lymph nodes can light up for other things. It isn't always necessarily cancer. I totally understand where you are coming from.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

31 @ Dx SCC of tongue right side May 27, 2011, no tobacco, light drink
Partial gloss. and ND June 2011 - 2 jaw nodes positive ("encapsulated")
33 rads ended 10/21/11.
Dx Non small cell lung cancer 05/18/15
"OCF Canuck"
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
"OCF Canuck"
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Agreed. Lymph nodes can light up for other reasons. They should be followed up though definately hope your drs reply let's you go for your trip. Take care.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan

Moderated by  Eva Grayzel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics