Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13865 03-04-2003 04:39 PM
bill Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello, my father recently was diagnosed with oral cancer. We are not sure what stage it is yet ,however they did tell us that the tumor under his chin is between 2 and 4 centimeters. It has metastasized into his lymph nodes. My wife and I are relocating to Michigan to be with him and we were wondering what we can expect once his radiation begins. Any kind of help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

#13866 03-05-2003 02:12 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome Bill,

You have come to the right place for information. There is a wealth of information on this web site. I found it very helpful to use the sitemap and look at everything available. The articles will indeed help you know what to expect from treatment.

As things progress you will find the people on this board have been there done that and can give you information on dealing with the many side effects of treatment as they occur. Most of these people have better answers for handling than some doctors do.

There are patients and caregivers here that can answer your questions from both perspectives.
Good luck and please as you go through this know that there are people out here that care.

Take care,
Dinah

#13867 03-05-2003 12:49 PM

Dear Bill,

The main thing for you to remember now is never give up hope. It is possibly harder on a cancer patients family than it is on the patient. I hope your Dad is a fighter. The will to survive is very important. I will be praying for him as well.
If it had not been formy wife and children, I dont think I would have ever made it thru my treatments without givingup. You and the rest of yous dads family are almost as important as are his Oncology caregivers. Believe me, he will draw from you and your caring and sometimes just your mere presence will be a source of strength to him.

#13868 03-05-2003 01:28 PM
Senior Member (75+ posts)
Senior Member (75+ posts)

Hi Bill,
When my husband was first diagnosed this site was a great resource. I know how it is to be close to the one who is suffering and this has helped me emmensely . It's sort of a place to go to when you want to just find someonewho is going thru this too , even if you don't always post. What a great son you must be to relocate to help. Wish you all the best.
Diane

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics