Next Thread
Print Thread
#124302 11-06-2010 03:08 PM
"OCF Canuck"
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline
"OCF Canuck"

hi Brian, I am wanting to spread the word about oral cancer to more people than I can reach just over coffee at my kitchen table and at the post office picking up the mail. I am willing to take brochures to doc's offices in our town and to the cancer centre in the city and docs' offices at a large clinic in the city. I am wondering if you could put me onto a supplier of brochures or if I could get some from you?

I do not know how your system works but this is something I did for bowel disease for years then for mental health issues. Now that I have cancer I feel this strong pull to do what I can, it is horrifying as you well know.

Thankyou,

Meggie

55 yrs, Female, smoked for 4 yrs 35 yrs. ago, SCC right underside tongue and floor of mouth, laser surgery took 1/3 tongue Aug 2010, 3 weeks later in Sept right neck dissection 40 nodes removed with 1microscopic spot in one node. No chemo or radiation.
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Meggie - Thanks for your generous offer of help and your time to spread the word. Please contact Megan at the OCF office and she will get you literature or anything else that you need. If you'd like to hook up with Susan who handles all of the OCF screening sites and events (something we'd love to expand into Canada) Megan can give you her contact as well. As for me, I'm on the road a lot, and Megan can also get you numbers to call me at if you'd like to talk about how we are trying to reach out to the dental and ENT communities to do more early detection work, and last but not least.... Jamie in our office is our treatment center coordinator, trying to hook as many of them and their patients to the great help that all the posters here provide. http://oralcancerfoundation.org/about/contact.htm

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
"OCF Canuck"
OP Offline
"OCF Canuck"

Brian, thank you for all the contact info. I look forward to making contact!

55 yrs, Female, smoked for 4 yrs 35 yrs. ago, SCC right underside tongue and floor of mouth, laser surgery took 1/3 tongue Aug 2010, 3 weeks later in Sept right neck dissection 40 nodes removed with 1microscopic spot in one node. No chemo or radiation.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23