Finally got in to see the oral surgeon. Saw him first two weeks ago, and at that point, the thing had been there 6 weeks. The week or so prior, however, I had been able to "work out" some piece of something out of the area. And by the time I made it to my first appt the bump had significantly reduced in size and was really mostly flat. I just went back for my second vist and at this point, it's 99% gone. I can just BARELY feel a bit of "disturbed" skin. No bump, no pain. The dr first said it sounded like a mucocele given the swelling/diminishing in size that it would do, but that a mucocele can only be removed via surgery. Yesterday, the dr said it was likely some sort of trauma or that something indeed had gotten in the skin there and had to be removed. So I guess I really still don't know what it is/was. But they said cancer won't just "heal itself" or go away.

I'm hoping you all agree with that thought! I would have felt better if they had been able to biopsy and tell me for sure it wasn't cancer, but at this point, there really isn't anything there TO biopsy. So I think I'm good.... I'm still always feeling that part of my mouth with my tongue, scared that something might come back.... but the dr said he didn't feel it was anything to worry about.