Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
EricS Offline OP
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
OP Offline

I love those Brian!

"To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom." -Bertrand Russel

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

Death is not the biggest fear we have; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive -- the risk to be alive and express what we really are.---Don Miguel Ruiz

Brother Dx oral cancer March 23. Invasive Squamous Cell Carcinoma: Mod Dif Anterior Floor of Mouth, Peridental Soft Tissue, Right Bony Margin. Lymph Nodes 0/56 Stage II,pT2,pN0 2.8 cm
I was Dx b/cancer 9/2007. IDC Stage2 Grade2 2.4 cm 0/8 Nodes ER+ PR+ Her-2 Rad 33 no chemo.
MeganCannon
Unregistered
MeganCannon
Unregistered

I pulled a lot of good quotes from a website on Chuck Palahniuk, author of Fight Club, I find a few of these to be very motivating.

-�The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.�

-"Protest is now just a backdrop for a Diesel clothing ad in a slick fashion magazine. My goal is to create a metaphor that changes our reality by charming people into considering their world in a different way. It's time � for me, at least � to be clever and seduce people by entertaining them. I'll never be heard if I'm always ranting and griping."

-�We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.�

haha and this one is funny, and very true:

�Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.�

"OCF Down Under"
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
"OCF Down Under"
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

Preserve and protect whatever is giving you confidence. Dismantle and rebuild whatever you need to change.

46 yrs:
Apr 07-SCC 80% entire tongue removed,T4N1M0
Neck/D,Jaw Split, Trache 2 ops,PEG 3.5yrs
30 x rad,6 x Cisplatin,
30 x HBO
Apr'08- flap Recon + ORN Mandibulectomy
(hip bone to reconstruct jaw)
Oct'08 1 Plate out-jaw
Mar'09 Debulk flap
Sep'09/Jan&Nov'10/Feb&Jun'11/Jan&Jul'12/Oct'13/April'14-More surgery
EricS Offline OP
OP Offline

"I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose."

&

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."

-George Carlin

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.
EricS Offline OP
OP Offline

On the road today and tomorrow for a follow up with my surgeon...so I'll quote myself...."F" fear and "F" cancer, I don't have time for either.

Have a great day...and put a little swagger in your step, attitude is everything

EricS Offline OP
OP Offline

Finally back home and getting "caught up".

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman

OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Eric - since you are quoting President Truman.... check out the photos on my facebook page.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
EricS Offline OP
OP Offline

Wow, that's impressive

EricS Offline OP
OP Offline

Usually I like to mix up funny light hearted quotes with more meaty inspirational ones just to keep things from getting to monotonous...but I'll skip that today because these quotes really jumped out at me.

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

"It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come."

and

"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest."

-Dalai Lama

Last edited by EricS; 03-18-2010 08:56 AM. Reason: sp

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users
Forum Statistics