Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Geez, T has been out of treatment for just 1 year. Two weeks ago he had a CT of his chest at the CCC where he had his RND. We were scheduled to have a review with his Dr but, he did not get back from his vacation in time to see him that a.m. So...they called and told us that they wanted him to have a PET and then he would see him. Well, he just had a PET three months ago and he doesn't want to go. He is scheduled to have one at the center where he had treatment (a flag of the CCC)in a month and a half. When I told the scheduler this, she said, he needs to make a decision whether he still wants the Dr at the CCC to be his Dr...he is not currently in treatment and should go to see this Dr. Needless to say he does not want to go and I am worried that if he does not go to see this Dr now, he will not see him in the future if he needs him. HELP me make thee right decision.

Donna

Caregiver to Hubby,Stage IVb, SCC to left tonsil, Mets to nodes, Tonsillectomy, Cisplatin,Taxotere,5FU x 3, IMRT 33 Rads + Carbo x 6, RND 03/09--Dx NHLymphoma 04/09, CT of chest, stom, pel--all clear, 05/09 Pet--all clear, 08/09 Pet--all clear

Donna,
I'm not sure I understand completely - did he get treatment at two different CCC's? Is it possible that if he has this PET now, they will just delay the one scheduled in 1 1/2 months and review this one?
No real advise, just sending you best wishes that everything goes ok no matter what gets decided, and prayers that the scans are clear.

Shelly

Caregiver/wife to Mike, age 48 used chewing tobacco - quit
SCC BOT T2N3M0 Diagnosed Dec 29, 09 HPV+
L ND Jan 7 removed 31 nodes, 6 positive Bilat mets neck
Siteman Cancer Center
Port in Jan 27, Peg in Mar 3
IC 28 Jan & 18 Feb - TPF
CRT Cisplatin x3 start March 10th

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311