Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#108991 12-19-2009 07:18 AM
EricS Offline OP
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
OP Offline

Well, I kicked the fentanyl with little issue, using of course Oxy to stave off the opiate withdrawels. It looks like my luck ran out though as I've stepped down with the Oxy.

I've been agitated, RLS, stomach issues...and was awakened this morning by explosive vomitting. Good mornin! I love this time of year so the timing of all this sucks, but hopefully it won't be but a few days of this crap. Coming off of Oxy HCI last year cold turkey took about a week...ramping down this time hopefully it will only take a few days. Here's to hope!

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Eric
Well, I say, just take the OXY until after the Christmas season. C'mon, no medals for being drug free and sick.
At least do Percocet. And make your sister in law reimburse you wink Remember from Crosy Stills & Nash
[quote]Just a song before I go, to whom it may concern.
Travelling twice the speed of sound, it's easy to get burned.
When the shows were over, we had to get back home,
and when we opened up the door I had to be alone.
She helped me with my suitcase, she stands before my eyes,
driving me to the airport and to the friendly skies.
Going through security I held her for so long.
She finally looked at me in love, and she was gone.
Just a song before I go, a lesson to be learned.
Travelling twice the speed of sound, it's easy to get burned. [/quote]

Last edited by Charm2017; 12-19-2009 06:12 PM. Reason: typo

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13
EricS Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Charm. I have 1 pill left and I've vowed I will not take it. It was tempting to take it today, my sisters memorial service. I got by with compazine and clonazepam...barely. Right after the reception I had to fill up with gas and puked all over the parking lot.

I'm sure it'll be over within the next day or so and that one pill will put me back days. So I say "f" it and push through...still waiving the fingers in the air. But I do admit I feel like hell.

Thanks Charm though for allowing me to take a reprieve...if someone doesn't do it for me I doubt I'd do it myself.

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.

EricS

It's a two way street brother. I shoveled out 24 inches of snow from my driveway today in large part because whenever I would get tired or fatigued, I would ask myself: Is that the example you want to set for a young frack?. So I dug it all out for three hours. We will beat this demon together but on our own terms. Again, so sorry for the loss of your sister. It is inexplicable. The CSNY song I quoted you was the one at the homily I gave for my younger brother's funeral, over 22 years ago. No one who has not lost a sibling to an untimely death can ever understand what we suffer and endure. My deepest sympathy goes out to you.
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13
EricS Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Charm...you are an example my friend. The nausea and most of the other physical symptoms broke last night so I feel a bit better. At least the food is staying down.

I really thought I would hold up better at the memorial service but my voice (what's left of it after this last surgery) did break while sharing in the service. My father whom I've never seen cry, cried while sharing. He shared an experience he had with my sister where as a little girl he had found her crying by herself. When he'd asked why she was crying she told him it was because he didn't love her as much as her sisters. When he asked her why she thought that, she responded "Because you don't give me spankings like the other girls!". He vowed to spank her when he saw her again...when I shared I asked that he give her one for me as well.

Thank you for your thoughts my friend, I do appreciate them...and if you are not busy my drive could use a little help smile !

Happy Holidays

Eric

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users
Forum Statistics