I don't subscribe to premium cable channels like HBO so I have never seen Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm show. Today's Washington Post TV review however insists it is one of the funniest shows on TV and it even is bringing back the Seinfield gang for a four show reunion) But the reason I am posting this is this one excerpt that points out just how great our caregivers are:
[quote]Why would he want to eject such a gorgeous woman from his life and home? Because she has cancer. Gasp!!! Herewith a warning to sensitive viewers, or maybe just sensible ones: Many of the laughs this season come at the expense of cancer. The disease itself is never found to be in the least bit funny, but Larry's clumsy, tactless interactions with cancer patients are in the most bit funny. To say the least. Watch his face crinkle and crumble as a doctor describes the life of a cancer patient's caregiver; it is a role that calls for far more dedication and selflessness than Larry could ever muster, even on his best day and even if there were 10 of him.

And so the joke is really on Larry -- on the man too wrapped up in his idiosyncratic and mollycoddled existence ever to dedicate himself fully to another human being.[/quote]
For those of you who want to read the full review, here is a link Cancer "laughs" & caregivers - TV review
charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13