Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Pepe , I think I should take you under one of my wings and insert some positives in your system. Maybe you need a hobby or something to keep your mind occupied and in a none worry mode. I bet normally you just might ba a happy person that enjoys life. Give us a smile big guy and think on the bright side of life. Heck, we all have problems, but we are the controllers not the problems. Have a great day PEPE and smile. If you don't already do it, take up golf to get frustrated LOL

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here
EzJim #103321 09-11-2009 07:41 AM
PepeL Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks all...I'll be going to the ENT in a few, will post what he says.

I'm very busy (and not good at golf) so my mind has enough to think about.

The new white spot I found scares me. Its on the anterior pillar...which of course I read is where it most likely starts or spreads to from the tongue base. I have the throat clicking high, which I read can be caused by a tumor growth pushing down on the hyoid bone. And my lymph node is still harder than its match on the left.

I gotta learn to trust doctors, not google....but answers soon I hope.

PepeL #103404 09-13-2009 01:30 PM
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Yes...I agree. The internet is a goos source of information but does not relate to each of our cases. It's get to scary if you read too much.

Suzanne
T1 SCC on right side of tongue
Age 31...27 when diagnosed
4 partial glossectomies
No chemo or radiation
Biopsy on 2/2/10-Clear
Surgery needed again...no later than April 2011
Loving life and just became a mother on 11/25/10
It's not what we CAN'T do..it's what we CAN do:)
PepeL Offline OP
OP Offline

Word from the ENT is there is nothing wrong most likely. They did not scan my throat area at all. CT Scan was of nose only. The ENTs (the official doctor and his assistant both looked in). They said the white spot was a tonsil stone and to gargle hydrogene peroxide and listerine.

They said I could also have my tonsil removed to fix the problem for sure.

ENT also said that the click is most likely from my hyoid bone and adams apple clicking because of the hyoid being out of place or cartilage growth or something and if it ever became anything besides annoying he could cut the bone. (Does not sound fun).

So they both looked, saw nothing, and said I am fine basically. My lymph node on that right side still feels harder than its match, I still have the click, I still have the white spot on my tonsil, my tongue still gets weird feelings.

I read how tonsil stones can cause regional pain, so maybe thats all it is.

Does what the doc says sound reasonable, or should I maybe be seeking a second opinion?

PepeL #103486 09-14-2009 06:28 PM

LOL Pepe, first let me congatulat you for the Drs finding nothing. Maybe it's time to back up a few steps and just take the next couple of weeks and enjoy things . Then if it is still bothering you,, go for the 2nd opinion. Try your best to not think about this and it just might psychology make you feel better. Your friend Jim and I'm sure a lot more in here like you than me. I would bet on 100%.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here
EzJim #103654 09-16-2009 01:28 PM
Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

Jim's right, Pepe. Take a few weeks and just try to forget your symptoms for awhile. I know it's hard because you're worried about yourself, but just take some time and try to stay off the internet. Then, in a few weeks if you're still having the symptoms or worries then go for a second opinion. Doctors are only human and they do miss things but you can also do harm to yourself from the stress of worrying. Take care and give it a couple of weeks to see how the symptoms actually are by then. Also, antibiotics and other meds sometimes keep working after you've finished them so you need to let them do their work. Good luck to you that things will get better!

Nancy T

CG/Mom: 5 1/2 years SCC upper palate,4 recurrences, surgeries, chemo & radiation. Mom went to Heaven 1/21/11.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users