I am so tired of being worried about a recurrence all the time. I want to get back to my life before cancer, and I can't. Just before all this junk started happening hubby and I were discussing adding to our family. Well we put that on hold because of the stupid, nasty cancer. Then I get an all clear PET scan and my ENT said to go ahead and add to the family. I wanted to make sure it was okay to have another child. Well a few days after I get another stupid sore in my mouth. That one has gone away, but this morning I wake up and I have another one on the left side and looks like it is on my jaw bone. It may be just a sore, but I can not let this cancer thing go, and I am sick and tired of it. I no longer can look at an ulcer cold sore the same away. I am now constantly wondering if it is that stupid cancer coming to ruin my life again. M y next counseling appt. is not until August 5th, and I need it now! I am going insane and do not want to talk to or see anyone. You'd think I would be excited about a clear PET scan, but I just keep thinking what it if was negative. I know, I know I can not think like that forever, and most days I am okay, but yesterday and this morning have been horrible. Well, Thanks for letting me vent. I feel much better now.

Last edited by walknlite; 07-17-2009 05:22 AM. Reason: typo

Angelia
31 at Dx.
DX: 4/30/09, 10/21/09 SCC on floor of mouth,
T1NOMO, T2N1M0
TX: 39 IMRT, 8 cisplatin 11/30/09
PET/CT: 11/03/09: Lymph node involvement
PEG/PORT: 11/09
TX end: 02/01/10
PET Scan: 04/05/10 clear
PEG Out: 06/21/10
Biopsy: 12/23/10: fibrosis