Hi there, I have not posted since before Brandy's treatments started mainly because I was to busy this stuff takes all your time 24-7 but then you all know that.

My question here is I took Brandy into all her doctors for 6 weeks post treatment follow ups. All seemed to be well, the CT scan was clear and good. YEAH! Everyone said still healing, lots of mucositis yet, mouth still has lots of healing we'll see you in 2 months. Her MO always does blood work which was done this visit and then we received another phone call that night and was told that her blood glucose levels were extremely high (like 675) and if she wasn't diabetic then take her to emergency right away. So we did and what they are telling us now is that it seems she has developed diabetes which just sucks on top of all this other stuff she is dealing with.

They are trying to figure out if maybe the Erbitux or the Jevity feeding stuff could be the cause. Has anyone else here or on the boards ever heard of something like this. Just checking as we are confused. But then she has so many other issues evidently this is just one more.

Thanks for any advice or information. We are really trying to stay strong here.

CG to daughter Brandy age 31 initial dx 10/06
SCC T4N0M0 with bone invasion upper maxillary
Surgery 10/06
CT's clear for 2 years

2nd recurrence - Laser surgery 1/09 dx
Tumor board - No surgery to invasive for QOL
35 IMRT 3/30/09 Completed 5/15/09
8 tx Erbitux 3/24/09 Completed 5/6/09