Hello to everyone, my name is gordon. First of all, I'm glad I finally have found this site and you folks. Finding a group of people that have had similiar or the same cancer surgery and willing to talk about it is unusual. I had left tonsil cancer with 9 of my limp glands on the left side of my neck positive for cancer. Other glands on the left side along with half of my thyroid gland were negitive for cancer. With left side radical surgery and an extended radiation treatment to both sides I now go into the waiting period along with a lot of you to see if it will ever come back. I wish the best for all of us to say the least.
Anyway, I have been out of radiation now for three full weeks and I still cannot eat anything by mouth for several reasons:
1. I have this weird taste in the back of my throat that will not let me eat anything. Has anyone had this happen to them and how long did it last after treatment stopped?
2. Swelling in my throat seems to increase instead of decrease at times. Is this normal?
3. I have a feeding tube and I was wondering if they ever settle down from hurting and adjust to your body somewhat?
4. I have no saliva and I've been told that I probably will never have saliva again. Have any of you gotten some of your saliva functions back?
Thank you guys for being a part of this site so us others that find you can get some help.