I know what you're saying Jerry. But, almost everybody involved with the OC walk in the Lehigh Valley would fall into that same category as you and I...I'm not talking about one or two people,and with conjunction of the people I'm seeing here it seems to me (as a basic-average-Joe-observer) that that 5% group of unknowns is "growing"

I don't think this is a good thing here...I remember in another discussion that an "unknown strain" of HPV was the culprit and I was thinking the same thing..But I believe that Brian squashed that pretty quick with hard facts...

I am also seeing a lot more younger people with other kinds of cancers...Specifically Lymphoma type cancers...Maybe people have been living wrong for so many years and it's finally caught up to us. The world as a whole...not us individually.

If it's not viral then it has to be environmental...

On a lighter note...my puppy Manny starts puppy class this Thursday...and he needs it!

BTW, I brought this up to my family doctor and I told him about all the people that basically fall into my group of "unknowns" and he said there is a culprit somewhere...whether it's microwaving food in plastic, cell phones or viral but there has to be a connection somehow...Okay, I'm paraphrasing here..when he said it he sounded a lot smarter!...LOL...

Last edited by Ray1971; 06-23-2009 03:35 AM.

7-16-08 age 37@Dx, T3N0M0 SCC 4.778cm tumor, left side of oral tongue, non smoker, casual drinker, I am the 4th in my family to have H&N cancer
8-13-08 left neck dissection and 40% of tongue removed, submandibular salivary gland & 14 nodes clean, no chemo, IMRTx35
11-4-08 Recovering & feeling better