Bravo, Eric.

I am not going to get into the middle of this, but I do want to point out just a couple of things: One, Liz (and never, ever forget that we all recognize the extraordinarily difficult journey you traveled with Robin!)....but you mis-read Eric's post, when he said the following: "If you knew more about what Philly's been dealing with and and David's actions..." He did NOT say, "If you knew more about the subject of depression."

Secondly, clinical depression is a very real illness, and for some, the extraordinarily emotional experience of facing cancer can be the thing that will trigger a depressive episode, making them unable to function properly and impairing their healing.

I feel that this discussion has descended into areas that are not helpful in the general way that this forum generally is helpful. For any person to criticize the use of antidepressant medications for another is irresponsible in my opinion. It is a return to the dark ages, when persons with mental conditions were socially stigmatized and did not receive the help they needed for fear of being ostracized.

Different people respond to stress differently, and for those of you/us who are wired in such a way that we can tolerate the terrors and difficulties of this horrible experience, that's great, but let's please do not deny others the emotional support that they may need to do all they can do for themselves to aid in their own recovery.

Thanks for letting me sound off. I was a bit surprised by the tone of this thread, and I simply couldn't stand by and not comment.

Colleen--T-2N0M0 SCC dx'd 12/28/05...Hemi-maxillectomy, partial palatectomy, neck dissection 1/4/06....clear margins, neg. nodes....no radiation, no chemo....Cancer-free at 4 years!