So my dentist had to do another filling that she didn't have time to do back in April.

I showed her the spot on my gum (she already knew since the office manager had put a note on my folder). She said she didn't recall the spot there before either and that she had done a pretty thorough oral exam in early April and when I had the Vizilite test done. She said it could very well be an amalgram tattoo from all of the dental work around my old fillings or that it was there from the beginning but she may have ignored it since it looks so much like an amalgram tattoo and nothing had turned up during the Vizilite screening.

She said that of course the only definitive answer would come from a biopsy and she referred me to two oral surgeons (she said that she wanted to give me a choice since they both fill up quickly). She did say that she didn't think I needed to worry that from the appearance she felt it would be more of a blue nevus or tattoo. She said that it didn't look like a melanoma and the lesion is very flat just a discoloration and not indicative of other types of cancerous lesions she would normally see.

I have an appointment for the oral surgeon next Monday June 8th. I guess another week will not hurt since she felt that it was not critical.