Hello everyone!

I am new here and found this site while searching on the net for what possibly could be a blue/gray spot on my lower gum just below my tooth.

I am 31 years old and I had not been to the dentist in years (lack of dental insurance- fear of the dentist, etc). On April 27, I had to get some cavities filled on the left side of my jaw following a cleaning that had taken place a couple weeks prior. During the cleaning, I also opted for the Vizilite test and nothing was noticed. Like I said on April 27, I had some composite fillings done on three of my upper left teeth.

A week or so later, I was still experiencing discomfort from the procedure and I was looking at my mouth and noticed that on my lower jaw below those teeth (right under where the composite fillings had been done in the upper teeth) I saw a small grayish-blue spot. I thought maybe it was a bruise or something and just kind of ignored it. I will also mention that this spot is not near any old silver fillings.

The spot is still around and hard to photograph. It is a round spot and looks like a "mole" of sorts. I have an appointment for another filling on my lower jaw on Monday so I will obviously will ask for the dentist to take a look. However, I just am really concerned at what this could be. Has anyone seen or heard anything like this? On first look, I guess I would think it is an amalgram tattoo, but I really think I never had it before and it is definitely not really near metal fillings.

The big C word scares me especially after seeing what an acquaintance of mine went through with oral melanoma.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.