Wayne,

I agree with your statement of keeping things in perspective. You are cancer free! Count the many blessings in your life and hold them dearly. You are doing better than others who could not return to their job, you have another income to fall back on, most did not. Be proud of all you've done and the effort you gave to making the finest IAP in the world.

I served my country for 24 years and am proud to be part of the finest Air Force in the world, but they are currently reviewing my records and will decide whether I can continue to serve or not. I wanted to decide my retirement date too.

I try not to get too bummed, because I'm alive, cancer free (right now) and have more time to spend with my 7yr old best friend and wife. I have no idea how we will make ends meet if the Air Force tells me to retire now. I guess we'll have to deal with it through the grace of God, like we did this cancer.

The way I see it we are blessed, this could have been much much worse for us. I hope I didn't offend you, I understand how you feel.

Tim

Tim Stoj
60 yr old. Dx Jun 06 with BOT Stage IV. Neck dissesction on 19 Jun 06. Started Tx on 21 Aug 06/completed 33 IMRTs and 3 CT (2 Cisplat & 1 Carboplat) on 5 Oct 06.