My hopes were dashed last night on 60 minutes. I had been reading about red wine and cancer:
[quote]What have red wine studies found?

The cell and animal studies of red wine have examined effects in several cancers including leukemia, skin , breast, and prostate cancers . Scientists are studying resveratrol to learn more about its cancer preventive activities. Recent evidence from animal studies suggests this anti-inflammatory compound may be an effective chemopreventive agent in three stages of the cancer process: initiation, promotion, and progression.[/quote]
So I felt good about putting that red wine into my PEG tube. Then Morley Safer had a segment on the new Resveratrol pill with their scientists who explained it would take a THOUSAND BOTTLES OF WINE A DAY to get the dose they used for the above noted effects. Still it sounds very promising (big Pharm even bought out the start up company ) with projected availability in FIVE years until Morley pointed out that 9 out 10 drugs that cure cancer in mice do NOT work on humans.
I was going to post this in adjunctive therapy but right now it's not even ready for that forum then I did have a question that maybe the resourceful people here may give me a lead.
QUESTION: Human trials are supposed to be starting and I was wondering if any of you know tips or tricks to get into a study like this? Is there a clearinghouse for these early studies (I know about studies of already approved drugs like Erbitux but this is not FDA approved )thanks
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13