Did any you feel all alone after your Dx. I know that I am a lucky one to cath it so early, and am very greatful for that. I can not wrap my hands around the idea of having SCC in the first place. Some days are better than others, but I am trying to be strong for my children and not show emotion. When I went back to work on Wednesday for ths first time, I am a teacher, I had some kids making fun of the way i was talking. I was not upset with them because all they know is my voice sounded different. What I did get upset was another colleague made a smart remark about the kids not understanding me. That really upset me. I am very self-contious about my speech anyway. Today I had a kid tell me he couldn't understand me. I was not upset at him, but the fact that I can't talk right any more. How can I teach my students if they do not udnerstands. I love my job and I would not change it for the world. Now, I just want to be left alone. My own children want me to do things with them and I do not want to. I want to in my room and just be in bed. IS this a stage of the process that you go through? Does it get easier? I am really trying to have faith, but when ever I talk to someone about this all they say That is not a good one to get. No cancer is good to get. Anyway, sorry I just needed to vent.

Angelia
31 at Dx.
DX: 4/30/09, 10/21/09 SCC on floor of mouth,
T1NOMO, T2N1M0
TX: 39 IMRT, 8 cisplatin 11/30/09
PET/CT: 11/03/09: Lymph node involvement
PEG/PORT: 11/09
TX end: 02/01/10
PET Scan: 04/05/10 clear
PEG Out: 06/21/10
Biopsy: 12/23/10: fibrosis
HBO: 01/04/11 - ORN