Mike finished his IMRT and Erbutix treatments and as of last night we are home!!! (We were stuck in a hotel for 12 days while the 2 treatments per day were taking place). Doc says he can no longer see the tumor on Mike's tongue but speculates he will need neck dissection on at least one side as the lymph node went down some but not enough. So we wait...appt with surgeon in 3/30. Peg tube is doing well. So far weight loss was at 20# and has gained 1.5 of that back. Fatigue is bad, neck is bad...all to be expected. Grandkids are hanging in there....only minor setbacks with the youngest one as to his PTSD but manageable. We're going thru this one day at a time and I truly don't know how we would have managed if not for this forum. Thanks to everyone not only for answers to my questions but for all the posts. I have learned much just by reading the stories of others as well as the educational pages and the draft copy...absolutely invaluable.

CG to H with SCC BOT T4N2cM0 dx 12/19/08, teeth removed pre-tx; Erbitux & RT-done 3/12/09, PEG 2/9/09-7/14/09; ND 6/16. Pet 6/12-no mets except lymph node in neck removed on 6/16. Chyle leak,2nd surg to repair. Dilate esophagus 4/15/10. Clear PET 12/17/10