Britanny

I just sent you an email with home address and phone number. Please send me cards. It was not until 4 months AFTER finishing radiation and chemo that I stumbled across OCF. Most of the web sites out there are either bogus or predatory or both!
It would have made a major difference if I had been able to log on during those long lonely months of no one understanding how different this oral cancer is from prostate or breast cancer. Perhaps I would have even gotten a PEG instead of "being tough."

While I am sad that I am back in treatment due to recurrence, I am glad to spread the word. Life is to short, especially now, to waste on "what if"- but I can't help but think that if I had known what I do now, I could have caught my cancer before it was Stage IV and spread to lymph nodes. Plus I appreciate the subtitle on the recurrence forum about "being dealt a hard hand," as after one year OC clean MRIs and PET/CT's to be told that the radiation and chemo had failed, and the exact same cancer was back in the exact same places, and now they needed to cut out my tongue and split my jaw and mor , I was devastated.
So let me help spread the word

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13