David,
Slow down! My lymphnodes were huge! Left 3cm, Right 4.5cm. Even with 73gy on both side my lymps still aren't "gone" smaller but not gone. I have spoke to three seperate docs about this. I am good with it. I hate it, but I'm good with it.
HMMMM, I swear I updated that signature, wonder where it went. The answer is both. I tested positive for HPV16 and I smoked for 25 years. (is that right? I don't feel old enough to say that) I quit on my birthday last year. Almost 1 year ago. Because of my age my docs are confident that my cancer was caused by HPV.
I am being treated in two seperate places. My RO and MO are here in the town that I live in. My ENT (my second one) is at Baptist Hospital which is an affiliate of Moffett, just on this side of Florida. They have a tumor board, and everything a girl could want. Although my docs are 60 miles apart they comunicate better than doctors in the same hospital. I am very happy with the arrangement.
Oh and David, I need to say thank you. In Oct. I answered a post saying how much weight I had lost. You sent me a PM and pretty much told me I had to take care of myself and that meant feeding myself. It really straightened me out. I realized that I couldn't fight this and starve. I still lost weight. Not because of lack of intake. I had a hard time with the chemo. I know it could have been much worse though. I really appreciated that PM. Thank you.

Suzanne
"The fear of the unknown is the worst." Aint that the truth!

40 yr old. Stage IV SCC found left tonsil. PET/CT shows cancer on base of tongue, floor of mouth, lymph nodes on both sides. HPV 16 pos. 6 weeks of cisplatin, 43 days of radiation. 73gy on each side.
ND March 2, 2009
reoccurance dx'd Aug 19, 2009