Thank you all for your well wishes. I can't express how happy I am that I found this forum with such wonderful people. The support and knowledge found here are great.

They gave me cream of wheat for breakfast this morning. I began to eat and the nurse came in and said "is that hot?" I said "yes" and she said "you shouldn't be eating hot food. Would it be mean if I took away?" I thought YES!!! I haven't had anything to eat in a long time. She wanted to give me cold ceral which is too hard and I told her that. She said she would check on what I was allowed to have. So I ate as quickly as possible just in case!! She came back and said it was ok..lol

The good news is, my doctor didn't think it looked as bad and she took less than expected. No muscle was taken so I'm hoping the recovery will be faster. When I got there I was not having pain and she even said we couldn hold off on the surgery. I still decided to have it b/c she said there is still reason to do it. Any thoughts on that? It was kind of hard to make that call on such short notice.

Hope everyone is doing well, I haven't had much time to check out what is happening on the others threads. I'm hoping to catch up tomorrow!! Jim, it's great to see you posting again:)

Suzanne

Suzanne
T1 SCC on right side of tongue
Age 31...27 when diagnosed
4 partial glossectomies
No chemo or radiation
Biopsy on 2/2/10-Clear
Surgery needed again...no later than April 2011
Loving life and just became a mother on 11/25/10
It's not what we CAN'T do..it's what we CAN do:)