Sandy

Do you like the doctor? Did he listen? Do you like the plan?
I know the party line is that second opinions are due diligence but I know what you are going through. A second opinion is not an easy solution either especially if it is different from the TX plan you have in terms of surgery, etc. So which one do you pick? And if, God forbid, you have a recurrence (statistically very likely with BOT in an advanced stage), will you then regret the choice you made?
Funny, I was going to ask you how you were getting a second opinion so quickly when 18 months ago I was told a month or more at least for a John Hopkin's second opinion. So I bit the bullet and just went with the TX plan from Georgetown. It wouldn't hurt to ask about Erbitux as the chemo with your doctor as I was scared of the Cisplatin side effects.
I do agree that the Radiation is important to start and for what it's worth, the rad and chemo did wipe out my original BOT tumor - this one's brand new plus I had a glorious one year period of living cancer free. Now I know too late that you need to work the second opinion process the same time as the first opinion or for unconnected folk like us the tyranny of the full appointment calendar works against us.
Good luck, best wishes and sincere prayers.

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13