We are trying to hang in there. Neil is pretty confused most of the time but is not in pain. I am struggling with making sense of this needless suffering. I'm also trying to hold on to my faith in God-I feel it waivering right now and I don't want to go down that road. It's so hard to see someone who had struggled so hard and fought so long spending the rest of his days in a bed not knowing what's going on around him. So many wonderful members of Neil's local union have come by to say that they owe their jobs/ways of life to him and I hope he realizes this on some level. It's just so unfair that someone who has given so much should have to die like this. I do, however, get strength from coming to this site and reading everyone's posts. It helps to know that people i haven't even met face to face are so caring and compassionate.

Sue

cg to husband, 48 Stage 1V head and neck SCC. First surgery 9/07. Radiation and several rounds of chemo followed. Mets to chest and lungs. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." Went home to God on February 22, 2009.