The rats will eat too much if I let them, but the lab block is bland enuf that it is sort of self-controlling -- Plus they are still young and growing.

I don't let these guys run loose yet because there are still too many spots where they could get in and under things, to say nothing of chewing! It's amazing how many holes there are on the underside of things like kitchen/bathroom cabinets.

However, for caged rats, the cage IS home and eventually they will go back there (Unless they are hit by a Nap Attack and conk out under something), even just to pee. It was a lot easier when I lived in my little RV because it was easier to let them out and keep an eye on them, plus I would make a clicking noise with my tongue (Hmm, need a new plan here!) that was the "food noise" and was followed by a treat when the rat showed up. Just like small children, if the rats are quiet, they need to be investigated to see that they are not getting into trouble!

I do have to use care with the suction machine around the flap area, although that's not as important now with so much of it recently hacked away... Actually, it was even useful there to pick up the trailing pieces that I wanted to snip off.

Age 67 1/2
Ventral Tongue SCC T2N0M0G1 10/05
Anterior Tongue SCC T2N0M0G2 6/08
Base of Tongue SCC T2N0M0G2 12/08
Three partial glossectomy (10/05,11/05,6/08), PEG, 37 XRT 66.6 Gy 1/06
Neck dissection, trach, PEG & forearm free flap (6/08)
Total glossectomy, trach, PEG & thigh free flap (12/08)
On August 21, 2010 at 9:20 am, Pete went off to play with the ratties in the sky.