Today, Richard started the Fentanyl 72hr 25mcg dosage. I know he's in pain if he agrees to start the patch. Neither one of us has ever needed medications for health issues so we are in uncharted territory. Of course, having cancer is a different world and the old ways are gone for the time being. I like the term "new normal." There is no reason to suffer and the motrin only took the edge off.
I'd love some feedback on pain relief from the patches. Please no horror stories because I'd be totally freaked out and paranoid. Cautionary advice would be fine and positive feedback about the patches would be great. Richard has a good appetite and I want to keep him eating as long as possible. It's just so painful and we are supplementing with protein drinks, ensure+, Peg tube and ice cream. You all give such good advice and I value all your opinions. Geri

Geri-CG to husband Richard, 62 yrs old. Former smoker, quit 30yrs ago, light drinker. Dx after tests with BOT T1N1M0. Tx to start by end of Dec. Seven wks IMRT with 2x Cisplatin-2x Erbitux. Peg in 12/08- removed 4/21/09. Looking good so far. Clear Pet &MRI 8/2/09