Ratharriet (so named because she wasn't Harry!) was so ugly she was almost cute -- Rat temps run about 104*, so she always felt very warm when you'd pick her up -- She actually had very fine hair, but not fur -- Poor thing was maybe inbred because her whiskers, normally long and straight and used for stuf like running along walls, were curled and useless -- Stupid naked rat would always try to attack spiky hedgehog I had in my little trailer.

I had a rat named Ratbertha and decided that since I was her adoptive parent, I should provide role models -- I cut little photos of Hillary out of the paper and glued them to small magnets to hang in her cage -- She would pull them down and put them in the p** corner of her cage -- Clearly a Conservative Rat!

Later on, I wanted to get a cage mate for her and wanted to have some political balance in the cage so I decided to get a Liberal Rat. But how would I find one? Walk into the pet stores and ask to see their selection of Liberal Rats? Tried that and got strange looks -- Finally one day, I walked in, looked down and realized there was a whole tank full of clearly Liberal Rats -- That's when I got Ratharriet, clearly Liberal because she refused to wear animal fur!!!

That's a true story!

Typical rats below:

[img:left]http://z.about.com/d/exoticpets/1/0/z/Y/dustyfuzzyP1010006.jpg[/img]

Age 67 1/2
Ventral Tongue SCC T2N0M0G1 10/05
Anterior Tongue SCC T2N0M0G2 6/08
Base of Tongue SCC T2N0M0G2 12/08
Three partial glossectomy (10/05,11/05,6/08), PEG, 37 XRT 66.6 Gy 1/06
Neck dissection, trach, PEG & forearm free flap (6/08)
Total glossectomy, trach, PEG & thigh free flap (12/08)
On August 21, 2010 at 9:20 am, Pete went off to play with the ratties in the sky.