I finished treatment July 16 2008. After that I started to feel better little by little. Everything seemed to be right on track. But suddenly, I began to decline. I got weaker and felt dizzy at times. I also noticed a week ago that I'm running a low grade fever (99.7). And it just keeps getting worse. Today I had to hire a caregiver to come in and cook for me. This burns up all my income and now I'll have to pay doctor bills out of savings. And because I seem to just be getting worse, I'm pretty scared about where I'll end up.

The oncologist says it is impossible for this to be a result of treatment. He didn't even suggest I come in to see him. He said to eat more calories to get stronger. So I'm doing that, but I'm still not satisfied that this is it.

Any suggestions or ideas?

BTW, I live in Los Angeles. If anyone knows of something or someone here that can help me, please let me know.

Squamous cell carcinoma base of tongue. Lymph involvement unclear; staging placed at "2 or 3." Biopsy 4/18/2008. Treatment: IMRT every day for 7 weeks. Cisplaten once a week to sensitize cancer to radiation. Treatment ended 7/16/08. PET/CT shows no more cancer.