I finished on 7/31 as well! I spent a few weeks feeling pretty tired (long naps every day after sleeping 10 + hours at night). I found that getting up and doing things, like going to physical therapy, or eventually I started going out shopping, really helped me start feeling better. Right after my treatment ended, for about 2 weeks, I would sit and watch tv for most of the day, and I had zero energy, but once I started making myself be more active (like taking the dogs out for walks) I started feeling much better. Maybe start getting your husband to start taking a short walk every day with you in the evenings or something to that effect once you get the hydration and feeding under control. I definitely think becoming more active has helped me recover faster.

OH! And I couldn't concentrate on reading books after my surgery and during treatment. I STILL can't read more than a chapter or two at a time, I have the attention span of a two year old now. It is getting better, so there is hope!

Stephanie, 23, SCC on the right side of my tongue, surgery on 5-19-08, over half my tongue removed, free flap constructed from my forearm, bilateral neck dissection, one positive node. Radiation (32) and chemo (carboplatin) started on 6-16-08. Recurrence 4/09 in lungs.

**** Stephanie passed away 12.15.09.... RIP our dear friend****