Green tea hasn't been a problem in anything that I have read. There is no reason not to drink it or take it as a powdered supplement if you desire that I know of.

While we are all afraid of the treatments, and I don't think there is anyone out here that wouldn't jump at an easier alternative, it just isn't there today.... we are getting closer though. Our children will likely have an easier go of all this than we do. Even the progress that has been made in radiation in the last 10 years since I went through before IMRT, has reduced collateral damage / morbidity to people, reduced long term quality of life issues, and better targeted the disease itself. So it is getting better. That does not mean that it has become any walk in the park, as you can clearly read from people's experiences here, but the treatments are more successful, targeted therapies are beginning to be available like Erbitux, and more.

Just try and keep in mind the big picture, life after all this, and what you will take away from this experience. Many people here, in spite of the difficulty, both physically and emotionally to do this dance, post that their lives have often been transformed in positive ways by the process. Of course this is always a retrospective comment, but it is worth noting. More than that, one day with this experience in your rearview mirror, you will reach out to help someone else that does not have your experience or first hand knowledge, that needs someone to listen to their concerns - and you will be the enabler in their process to understand and deal with their battle. You will likely even tell people that are healthy about this journey, and they will know enough to perhaps avoid the risk factors that bring people to this. If you believe that your life has a purpose, perhaps that purpose will be realized in what you do after this, and this is only part of the process that gives you the inner strength to accomplish that.

Clearly you have a spiritual side. Those that do, often have an easier emotional journal than others. For some, faith is the one thing that makes the journey possible. In looking at all the possible assets you can bring to bear on getting through the journey some are no further away for you than what you believe and think.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.