Hi, new here and very new at dealing with cancer. I have mouth cancer. I don't smoke, drink or chew. I stopped smokeing 32 years ago. They say my cancer is most likely cause from my partial rubbing. I went in on July 8th. 2008 to have a sore place checked and she took a biopsy. On July 11th. the butte image call me to confirm a appointment and when I said I didn't know anything about it, she said the doctor's office set it up and I said that means something wrong with the biopsy and she said yes. What a way to find out on a Fri, when the Doctors office would be close the next 2 days. When I went to doctor on Mon. she had already set me up for surgery. She wouldn't give me details or answers to my questions, besides she was going to take the place out and I didn't want mouth cancer. she order pre-surgery test, It was a mad week I'm worried to dead and trying to get test and records from other doctors become a night mare. I had surgery on July 24th. She come in and told me that she got all the cancer out of my mouth and that it was not in the bone. (she also told husband and family this) When I went back to doctor on Aug. 4th. she told me it was on the bone and she couldn't be sure she got it all. she told me I would have to make up my mind whather to have chemo and ratation, I said why would'nt I want it if it would kill the cancer and I ask again about the side effects of chemo and she munble something about hair lost. I told her at this point, hair was my least worry. I feel like she lied to me, I will never trust her again. When I try to ask her questions about the cancer and what to expect and she just kept talking about something else. The 4th. time I asked her she threw up her hands and said we could take your jaw bone out and take a place off your arm and patch it, you don't want that. I left there thinking it was so bad that she couldn't tell me. I wonder how long I would live, 2 months maybe a year. I went to the cancer center on Aug. 7th. They answered all my questions and more too. they told me the good and the bad. They are going to do a pet scan and give me radation and small amounts of chemo. they said it would burn my mouth and throat so bad I would have trouble eating they want me to get a feeding tube. I'm scare, but I feel so much better knowing what to expect. I got a copy of my records from the cancer center. It tells how deep the cancer was and all about it. one place catch my eye it says the wound was carried deeply to the mental area, what is the menal area of your mouth? I understand down in the muscle and the rest of it, just not the mental area.

mouth cancer Diagnosed July 11th.2008
Surgery on July 24th. to remove cancer between chin and gums.
pet scan being set up for end of month.
Ratation and small amounts of chemo will start in about 5 weeks after mouth has healed. will need a feeding tube.
66 year old female,