i am getting cetuximab and carboplatin and paclitaxel once a week for six weeks. Ive had two treatments so far. I've got the rash and pimples on face head neck and chest its a little itchy and ugly but not bad. I'm getting 6 weeks then a 2 week rest then 8 weeks of radiation with chemo then 4 week rest then surgery. I believe it is because my tumor on the tonsil started to spread into base of tongue and is 3 or 4 cm plus I have a huge lemon sized 9cm lymphnode.

So this method of induction or neo adjuvent (I believe its called) has a 2 fold purpose one to hopefully reduced my tumor size and lymphnode size and, and 2, to stop the cancer thats there from spreading, and I think maybe 3, to kill any microscopic cancer that has spread.

At least this is what my too busy uncaring doctors who have seen me for a total of 30 minutes in almost 3 months told me. I go into the doctors office with my cetuximab rash and can't even get the nurse practioner to look at it. She just sends a nurse out with a prescription for antibiotic cream.

I don't know what I would do without this website and others like it and the time put in by all the people here. Thank you. I've got 2 weeks experience now being treated - I am so happy I can add something.

Thank you Victor brown

Last edited by Brian Hill; 06-17-2008 06:45 PM. Reason: No reason to type in returns as you write

Tonsil into base of tongue 3to4cm tumor. Giant lemon sized 9cm lymphnode. Squamos cell carcinoma
April 5 diagnosed. June 5 started treatment. Cetuximab Carboplatin Paclitaxel once a week for 6 weeks.Then 7 weeks of radiation plus chemo cisplatin then 4 weeks rest then neck disection was Nov 7 2008