My Dad survived his second round of radiation and 6 chemo treatments which were complete mid-February.

My Dad's weight dropped to 180, but as of last week he was up to 199.

My Dad no longer needs my Mother to walk him to the bedroom, he no longer needs the wheelchair to get to and from the car and this past weekend, for the first time in 6 months, he reached over and picked up his great grandson and put him in his lap.

The tumor on my Dad's neck continues to drain and is 85% flat now.

Dad's sense of humor has come back.

On March 25, Dad celebrated his 76 birthday. Many times in the last 12 months we did not think he would see this birthday.

And the best news of all......After almost one year Dad came home with a new obturator fully equiped with TEETH grin

We wont know if all the cancer cells are gone until they do a PET scan in July, but for now we are grateful for today and we will worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

Hugs,

Joy

CG to Father, 75 yo with SCC of the mouth; upper maxillectomy and neck diss. performed on 5/23/07. Father also suffered heart attack during surgery and now has CHF. RT complete on 8/28/07. Cancer back 11/27/07. RT and Chemo to start on 12/17. Cancer back 6/17/08. Finally at rest 08/08/08.