Posted By: PharmGirl A Reason To Smile - 05-14-2008 01:44 AM
My Dad survived his second round of radiation and 6 chemo treatments which were complete mid-February.

My Dad's weight dropped to 180, but as of last week he was up to 199.

My Dad no longer needs my Mother to walk him to the bedroom, he no longer needs the wheelchair to get to and from the car and this past weekend, for the first time in 6 months, he reached over and picked up his great grandson and put him in his lap.

The tumor on my Dad's neck continues to drain and is 85% flat now.

Dad's sense of humor has come back.

On March 25, Dad celebrated his 76 birthday. Many times in the last 12 months we did not think he would see this birthday.

And the best news of all......After almost one year Dad came home with a new obturator fully equiped with TEETH grin

We wont know if all the cancer cells are gone until they do a PET scan in July, but for now we are grateful for today and we will worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

Hugs,

Joy
Posted By: sharlee Re: A Reason To Smile - 05-14-2008 01:59 AM
AWWWW Joy ,

How AWESOME to hear !!!! I am so HAPPY to hear that things are looking a little better !!! Keep the good news coming !

Shar
Posted By: davidcpa Re: A Reason To Smile - 05-14-2008 12:09 PM
That's great. Two rounds of rad is to tough to imagine. I nominate him for OC Patient of the Year.
Posted By: Nelie Re: A Reason To Smile - 05-14-2008 04:22 PM
Your Dad is one tough cookie. Congratulations to you and him on getting through it.

Nelie
Posted By: Donnarose Re: A Reason To Smile - 05-15-2008 04:09 AM
Hello Joy,
Been a while since we've chatted....thrilled to read about your father! How exciting!!
Love,
Donna
Posted By: wilckdds Re: A Reason To Smile - 05-15-2008 10:12 PM
Hi Joy,

Thanks for sharing the great news.

I'll be sending you an email later tonight.

Jerry
Posted By: EzJim Re: A Reason To Smile - 05-15-2008 11:32 PM
That is really great to read. You do have to give the older guys credit for being tough. LOL Give him a hug for me will ya.
Posted By: PharmGirl Re: A Reason To Smile - 05-16-2008 02:31 AM
Thanks everyone!
Posted By: Dr. Mike Re: A Reason To Smile - 05-16-2008 02:53 AM
Excellent News!!
It is great to get some good news to lift all of our spirits.
All the best PharmGirl.
Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: Malka Re: A Reason To Smile - 05-16-2008 03:25 AM
Joy,
Such nice news.
Malka
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum