This is Saint Georges day (the patron saint of England)and much as i love all my wonderful friends across the pond,today my thoughts have been with Brenda.I know what fun we would have had exchanging the "yorkshire" isms that used to baffle some of our fellow OCF members.
Nine months have passed since my special man closed his eyes and gave in to the peace of death,and i miss him just as much .It doesn't get easier and the passing of the months seems unreal at times,but i have been hiding from the only good thing to come out of this awful mess,and that is using my experience to help others facing the most difficult battle of their lives,and for that i am sorry.
Sometimes the multitude of lost souls who find themselves here is just overwhelming,and it weighs so heavy it is difficult to find the words to encourage and uplift those facing the treatment and recovery, and sometimes it seems impossible to be upbeat and encouraging.so sometimes it is better to keep silent and wait until the blackness passes.
Spring has returned to England,and the new life,light nights and the fresh early mornings,renew hope,and lift the heart.

I am working at a hospice,and enjoying every minute. Somehow it makes me feel as if i am giving just a little bit back to the people who deserve medals for all they do,and i know Robin would approve.

So here i am back in my familiar surroundings 3.5 stone lighter fancy new hair do and ready to join in again.

To all my old friends i send my love ,to the success stories my many congratulations,and to the new members and old ones facing new battles ,good luck and best wishes.

Lastly happy St Georges day to my fellow brits.

love and hugs liz

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.