Posted By: Cookey 9 Months On - 04-23-2008 03:26 PM
This is Saint Georges day (the patron saint of England)and much as i love all my wonderful friends across the pond,today my thoughts have been with Brenda.I know what fun we would have had exchanging the "yorkshire" isms that used to baffle some of our fellow OCF members.
Nine months have passed since my special man closed his eyes and gave in to the peace of death,and i miss him just as much .It doesn't get easier and the passing of the months seems unreal at times,but i have been hiding from the only good thing to come out of this awful mess,and that is using my experience to help others facing the most difficult battle of their lives,and for that i am sorry.
Sometimes the multitude of lost souls who find themselves here is just overwhelming,and it weighs so heavy it is difficult to find the words to encourage and uplift those facing the treatment and recovery, and sometimes it seems impossible to be upbeat and encouraging.so sometimes it is better to keep silent and wait until the blackness passes.
Spring has returned to England,and the new life,light nights and the fresh early mornings,renew hope,and lift the heart.

I am working at a hospice,and enjoying every minute. Somehow it makes me feel as if i am giving just a little bit back to the people who deserve medals for all they do,and i know Robin would approve.

So here i am back in my familiar surroundings 3.5 stone lighter fancy new hair do and ready to join in again.

To all my old friends i send my love ,to the success stories my many congratulations,and to the new members and old ones facing new battles ,good luck and best wishes.

Lastly happy St Georges day to my fellow brits.

love and hugs liz

Posted By: debandbill Re: 9 Months On - 04-23-2008 03:35 PM
Welcome back Liz,

Never felt like you left though. I always knew you were in the background and that when you felt like you could help, you would.
Glad to see a little of the darkness has lifted and you are ready for spring with the "new you."

Your insight is important to all of us and we know Robin is proud of you.

Deb
Posted By: Donnarose Re: 9 Months On - 04-23-2008 03:49 PM
Hey Liz,
You are an amazing lady, I'm sure that you give such hope and understanding to those you are helping in hospice and their loved ones.
Spring seems to make us all feel a bit renewed, doesn't it?

By the way Girlfriend....still hoping to see a picture of that new hair!!
Love,
Donna
Posted By: davidcpa Re: 9 Months On - 04-23-2008 05:45 PM
Good to hear your voice again. You are a valuable source and a great person and one can't get much better than that.
Posted By: Talbill Re: 9 Months On - 04-23-2008 09:56 PM
Hey Liz, Glad to hear you are doing well and look foward to reading more of your charm and wit again. Glad you're back. smile
Posted By: ChristineB Re: 9 Months On - 04-23-2008 10:09 PM
Liz:

Its nice to hear from you. You are an important member of OCF and are missed when not here. You give great advice and are very kind and encouraging.

Posted By: JAM Re: 9 Months On - 04-23-2008 10:18 PM
Cheers, Liz, Amy
Posted By: luvmyhubby Re: 9 Months On - 04-24-2008 07:48 AM
How awesome you are. New body, new hair, new spring "spirit" and working at hospice. I bet Robin is strutting his stuff up there and saying with great pride - "yes, that good lucking helpful one... that's MY wife"
Posted By: Eileen Re: 9 Months On - 04-24-2008 02:39 PM
Welcome back, Liz. We missed you but knew your weren't far. I am so glad you are enjoying your new job. You do such a wonderful job helping other people. Enjoy the spring and try to get keep you spirits up.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: helen.c Re: 9 Months On - 04-24-2008 05:31 PM
Ok buggerlugs..
Not sure I should be talking to you..
While I've been busy around the house I've eaten more than I should and I've put 2lb on..AH..
Well I have a new hair do..It is spashed with white paint..
Sunshine.. love and hugs
Posted By: Uptown Re: 9 Months On - 04-24-2008 05:43 PM
Liz,

As always it is great to hear from you. Believe me when I tell you we all feel some of your pain. I think I have found that of all the great things at OCF, I never quite stop feeling the pain when we lose someone.

I am so happy to hear you are working at a hospice and I know the love you showed Robin is seen by someone every day!

May the glorious surrounds of spring remind you of the newness and may the love of us all always be heartfelt.

Ed
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: 9 Months On - 04-24-2008 09:59 PM
Liz, welcome back, it was good to see that you are doing better and starting to enjoy life again. Bob
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum