A couple of people have PM'ed me about other states and I made it very clear to them that even as a part-time endeavor, this is a bunch of work. To be really successful, the coordinator needs to recruit others in their state to help them with the things that need to get accomplished. It is not a one person kind of thing.

Here is my rely to someone that wanted to take on NY

I will call you in the next couple of days to talk about this....but be careful what you wish for. First, you have to put up with me, that's a challenge in itself. NY is huge and if you take this on, given the mother lode of opportunities and things we need to wrok on, you would need to recruit others to volunteer to help you, and ride herd on them to see that people with good skill sets were getting things done, and done well. Just a for instance, we should have a relationship with the NY state dental association, hygiene association, ENT association etc. We should be doing more free screening events there. We have a killer relationship with NYU based on my many years of being friends with the vice chancellor of the school, that relationship has to be nurtured. We need to develop individual and corporate fundraising community outreach programs, speakers on tobacco cessation and risk factors at high schools..... you can kinda see where this needs to go. It is a multi-person effort in any state let alone one as big and important as NY. If I have not scared you away yet, let me know and I will call.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.