Hi everyone, I'm new here.
In August of 2007 my father was diagnosed with stage 4 Oral Cancer. The tumor was on the floor of his mouth at the base of his tongue. He began radiation and chemo immediately, taking radiation 5 days a week, chemo 1 day a week. This lasted around 9 weeks or so. After he completed his treatment, he decided he was "done" and never went back for the follow-up visit or the PET scan. He told us that if the cancer came back, he would not go through treatments again.

The problem is that now 6 months later, he's convinced that the cancer is back not only in his mouth, but also in his head. Now mind you, a doctor has NOT confirmed that! I believe he is seriously depressed and scared to find out what is actually wrong. He literally sleeps 18 or so hours a day. He says he is dizzy all of the time, and he won't eat. He had a PEG tube put in before all of his treatment started, but he refuses to use it! He is down to about 97 pounds now.

My question is this: How can we convince him to go to the doctor?? I know he's scared. We all are. But it is so hard to sit and watch him waste away. Especially when he doesn't know for sure that the cancer is back???

Sorry this is so long, but I'm hoping maybe someone out there will have some advice for me, my mom and brother. We are at a loss.

**daddysgirl**