I guess there must be something to the fact that my 1,000th post should fall on my 3rd anniversary as a survivor. In some ways it's hard to believe that it's been 3 years and in other ways it seems like it's been 10 years.

In the past 3 years I have made many friends here and unfortunately, have lost a few, too. I am so thankful that I have learned so much from my family here and that it has made me a better person and a better dentist. Some of these things I should have learned in dental school. Others should have been taught in continuing education courses. I know that my interaction with so many courageous people has helped me to become a more senstitive and caring individual.

There have been times that the sadness of someone's situation has compelled me to stay away from the forum for a few days. But each time I knew I had to come back. That's what this place does to me.

So tomorrow I go for my annual chest x-ray which I know will be clear and I'll continue to come back here everyday and hope and pray that in some small way, I may be able to make someone's experiences a little easier.

Thanks for "listening".

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"