Posted By: wilckdds My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-06-2008 11:47 PM
I guess there must be something to the fact that my 1,000th post should fall on my 3rd anniversary as a survivor. In some ways it's hard to believe that it's been 3 years and in other ways it seems like it's been 10 years.

In the past 3 years I have made many friends here and unfortunately, have lost a few, too. I am so thankful that I have learned so much from my family here and that it has made me a better person and a better dentist. Some of these things I should have learned in dental school. Others should have been taught in continuing education courses. I know that my interaction with so many courageous people has helped me to become a more senstitive and caring individual.

There have been times that the sadness of someone's situation has compelled me to stay away from the forum for a few days. But each time I knew I had to come back. That's what this place does to me.

So tomorrow I go for my annual chest x-ray which I know will be clear and I'll continue to come back here everyday and hope and pray that in some small way, I may be able to make someone's experiences a little easier.

Thanks for "listening".

Jerry
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-07-2008 12:56 AM
That's quite a landmark Jerry. And what a valuable member of the community you have become. I do not know what you were like before your cancer. But it is clear that since you have been part of this family, you have been a companion/member with qualities that most of us only aspire to. You help not just from the realm of your clinical experience but from the heart. You work beyond those individual assists to better the survival and reach of the foundation, and through it, countless people you will never know. We have all gained from your CHOICE to stay connected to something painful in your past. And I am sure I am only one of many, who wish to thank you for that choice you made, and all that you do.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-07-2008 09:05 AM
Jerry,

Way to go and I hope you reach 2000 real soon.
Posted By: Donnarose Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-07-2008 10:31 AM
Jerry,
I am so happy for you!
Words fail me right at the moment. I hope that you know how much my family and I have come to care about the friend we have come to know. Thank you for all your support and love.
Love,
Donna
Posted By: Nelie Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-07-2008 11:35 AM
Congrats on your three year anniversary from another three year survivor, Jerry. You have been such a valuable contributor here, I can't imagine what the place would be like without you (but I know what you mean about sometimes the sadness getting to you). May you have many many more anniversaries to go-both in terms of survivorship and in terms of your time here.

Nelie
Posted By: EzJim Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-07-2008 03:57 PM
Good going Jerry and I hope to see you here in another time when you are posting your 50,000th. I bet youtr are a good Dentist.
Posted By: misskate Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-07-2008 06:41 PM
Congratulations Jerry! Hope to follow in your survivor footsteps.

smile
Posted By: ChristineB Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-07-2008 08:01 PM
Jerry:

That sure is alot of help you have given everyone here. Thank you very very much!!!!!

Posted By: Malka Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-07-2008 10:30 PM
Jerry,

You are truly a champion. Your advice is always so well considered. Good luck next in the Walk, I will be sending you my pledge and picture.
Malka
Posted By: wilckdds Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-07-2008 11:55 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I plan on being around for quite some time. After I retire, I'll have so much time on my hands, some of you might want to shut me up. (Don't worry, there's still some time left).

David's goal of 2,000 may happen, but Jim, that's a tall order.

Christine, good luck next Wednesday. We'll all be pulling for you.

Jerry

Posted By: marica_e Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-08-2008 06:39 PM
Jerry.. congratulations to a wonderful guy. I think Brian said it all for all of us.

If the next Vegas reunion ever comes to fruition I hope to meet you there!

my 2cents worth has been sent for your walk!
Take Care
Marica
Posted By: johnny47 Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-18-2008 08:26 AM
Jerry,

Allow me to congratulate you on the 1000 th post and three years of survivorship. I know that there are a lot of great people here are OCF and you are most diffently one of them. You took the time from your day to call me (long distance at that)to put my mind at ease the other day. I can not tell you how nice that was. I hope someday I can return the favor.

Thanks,

John
Posted By: Dr. Mike Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-18-2008 08:45 PM
Jerry you are a true inspiration!!
You, like many others who come to this site have helped many more with your information and advice. I have told you on many occasions how you inspire me. I look up to you as a friend, colleague and gentleman.
I hope your retirement treats you well.
Congrats on the three year milestone! I look forward to watching you make many more years.
If you get bored you should head to Nova Scotia and I'll introduce you to a beautiful salmon fishing spot that you will never want to leave.
All the best!!
Cheers my friend.
Mike
Posted By: wilckdds Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-20-2008 05:41 PM
Marica, thanks for the sponsorship and I hope that you and I and many others get to meet someday.

John, good luck and I'm happy that I was able to help.

Mike, I love salmon and you may regret the invite. But, intil then, we'll try again for a ski trip next winter.

Jerry
Posted By: sharlee Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-23-2008 07:21 PM
Jerry

Congrats on Three years !! And I to am glad that you always chose to come back .. I also know the need to walk away !! You are a caring and compasionate individual, and I am sure your wisdom and concern benefit everyone here !! I know they did me !
Posted By: wilckdds Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-24-2008 11:44 PM
Thanks Shar,

I hope you are feeling well and that your daughter's dental problems are a thing of the past.

Jerry
Posted By: aussieh Re: My 1,000th post and my rambling thoughts - 04-25-2008 08:32 PM
Congratulations Jerry. As others have said, you give so much of yourself and your special skills to this community and that is very much appreciated. I'm so pleased that you are well, love from Helen
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum