Hi Christine,

I haven't attempted food yet. I am not able to drink large amounts by mouth yet. Usually about 2 ozs or so at a time, but at least it is a start. Still coughing up a thick and slight green mucous. Hoping that will go away soon. My throat is pretty sore, so being able to drink the Yoo-hoo cold feels good on it even for the few seconds that it is happening. The suprising thing is I can taste the chocolate, although I haven't had a Yoo-hoo in at least 20 years, so I am not sure if it tastes the same as I remember it. The most taste comes fromt he initial sip, I loose most of the taste after that. My mother-in-law picked me up a couple packs of Boost Plus, which I believe has 360 calories, so I have been putting 1 of those in my feeding tube each day, and along with the jevity it brings me to about 2100 calories per day, plus I take in at least another 20 ozs of fluids during the day--a few by mouth most by the peg tube.

My pain isn't too bad, but I am wearing two 25 mcg Fentanyl patches, althought I think when my wife changes them in a day or so, I will just have her put on one.

Paul

Age 27: Diagnosed 11/1/07 with Oral cancer localized in the left side of my tongue & 1 lymph node. Upper Neck Disection Surgery 12/17/07, removed left side of tongue and a few lymph nodes. Post surgery treatment: 30 days Radiation, 4 Treatments of Cisplatin. Completed treatments 3/27/08.