Hi Kim, I had lingering blisters and sores for quite a while after radiation and in fact I still get sore spots every now and then and they always make me nervous because, like you, the location of my cancer to begin with seemed to be related to a tooth next to a tooth I'd had pulled that was rubbing against my tongue. My ENT tells me that irritation of the tongue by itself isn't really a cause of oral cancer though, so I don't know what to think.

My cancer was initially overlooked by my dentist, so I know how frustrating that initial misdiagnosis can be.

Where were you treated in Missouri? My ENT did his residency as Wash. U./Barnes in their oncology center there. In fact, I may be going there in the next couple of months to get a seocnd opinion on some syrgery he is recommending to help with the trismus in my jaw.

Anyway, hang in there. You are still really in the early days of recovery and things will get much better it just takes time.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"