A notebook and recorder are so very handy. Even as you are in between app. and think of a question you can jog it down to ask the Dr about. I went one step further because (thank Goodness) my sister is a RN and now a petient advocate who went with me to my first bunch of appointments. She told me what the Dr was saying. Until I learned to say repeat that where I can understand it. At one time I had questions I could not get answers for and asked my sister to find out for me. Well my next visit with my Rad Dr he sat me there until I knew what he was saying. Ask questions make him make you and your mom understand what is going on. And this forum is wonderful.You can find out most anything you look for and if you can't find it just ask and some one here will help point the way. These people here are wonderful. I have made quite a few desisions after being here all for the good. Keep your head up and try to be strong for you and your mom. My daughters are great they have been with me even though it has been long distance but they were there for me and still are . You are very important to your mom. Read and ask any questions you need answers for. My best wishes and prayers to the both of you, Brneda

49 years young 9/2007 Squamous Cell Carcinoma 33 rad treatments. One year later, 9/17/2008 50 years old through the Grace of God. last check up all clear. Living life as it comes to me.