I'm new to posting on the internet but I've been on this sight alot recently and have gotten alot of support without anyone even knowing it. My husband, 47, was diagnosed with stage 4 oral cancer in July 2007. He had been complaining to several doctors for almost a year about a blister on floor of mouth accompanied by swollen glands. He was told he had a blocked salivery gland. Finally we found the right doctor who took one look and knew it was cancer. He had surgery at Columbia University Hospital where they removed half of his lower jaw and replaced it with leg bone. He also had floor of mouth removed and replaced with leg tissue. He had about 28 lymph nodes taken, several of which were positive for SCC. Following a lengthy recovery he had seven weeks of cysplatin and radiation. A couple of weeks into it another swollen node popped up and was found to be positive. After the chemo and rad he had a second surgery and was found to have a metastasis to right lung. We will be starting Erbitox this coming week. Sorry to be so long-winded but i know you'll all understand.

cg to husband, 48 Stage 1V head and neck SCC. First surgery 9/07. Radiation and several rounds of chemo followed. Mets to chest and lungs. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." Went home to God on February 22, 2009.