We have put out a number of things, as the small funding that we have allows us to. Professional TV production pieces are not cheap and we have to wit for $ or find innovative and novel means to get them made. (Read: I have to get on my knees and beg a lot, trade favors, and more) Generic pieces on risk factors, celebrity pieces like the Klugman and Danner public service announcements etc. have been done in the last 2 years. Always the issue is that we cannot pay for airtime, and are completely dependent on the benevolence of the stations that we send the beta SP tapes to. I do spend some time talking to program managers, producers at news shows, etc, begging to get some of these things aired. Sometimes it works, sometimes I am just one of the hundreds of people that contact them... I never know for sure who is going to bite or if something is going to get played. We are going to be re-releasing the Blythe Danner piece in about a month ( if you haven't seen it , a micro version of it is on the main site multi-media link) as a new campaign hits the airways, and she will be in the news again. This is a huge effort that has taken more than two years to bring to fruition, and as soon as the ink is dry on the contracts I will be free to tell you all about it. But suffice it to say it will be the biggest thing PR and informationally that oral and head and neck cancers have ever gotten - IF all the piece fall into place in the next 30 days.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.