Thanks Anne-Marie and Brenda for your responses. As far as the union goes, they wont get involved. I already spoke to them. Their response was if your doc says you can only work part time, even if temporary then the company can say they only want you part time. Brenda, are you still working or did your company hire someone for your job?

My doctor sent my company a 7 page very detailed letter stating all the medical info and it was ignored. Im scared that as a single mom with my income supporting the family, I will end up losing everything if they push me to a part time status. Next week, I go see my other oncologist and I will see what she says about working more. So far my ENT and rad. oncologist have both say no way cant work more yet. My next plan is to also speak to the management person who is in charge of this process in the office. She isnt the one making the decision, but she must have some kind of input.

Unfortunately I cant work from home, but that sure would be great. I know here in PA its illegal to fire an employee for medical reasons. So it seems to me that they arent firing people but finding a way to weed out any medical liabilty person.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma