Oh my gosh, you guys did it. We all did it!! This portion of the website is going to be so valuable for both the patients and the families of those suffering a recurrence. Thank you Brian!!

Minnie, my heart and prayers are with you every day. I haven't been posting lately because it all gets to me sometimes. I've been on this Board for so long and have gotten to know and love so many of the people here. My heart goes out to you. I wish I were stronger and could be more supportive on a continuing basis. I am just so angry that this disease exists and so horribly angry that it took our Aunt. I'm still dealing with that. But Minnie my friend, you are a woman of great faith. You're also clear headed, informed and driven to find the best care possible. I fully believe that you can win over this beast. I know that God is watching over every step you take.

Cookey, you are a fantastic lady and I SO admire your character, your strength and your courage. You're going to help a lot of people through their struggle with your knowledge and kindness.
An unbeatable combination.

Brenda, you're strong. Take it one day at a time.

Hi Pam, I never spoke to you before but I am awfully sorry that you're in this spot again.

As far as Chemo and nausea go..... my Mom had eight rounds (was supposed to be nine but her bloodwork wouldn't support the ninth) of a triple cocktail Chemo for breast cancer. Platinum based, mixed with 5-FU and something else that I can't remember. They gave her Compazine, Ativan and a third thing. Most everyone else threw up but my Mom didn't. She came home from Chemo and I made her something to eat every time before she zoned out for three days straight. If one anti-nausea drug doesn't work for you, there are plenty more to try. Not everyone throws up. She absolutely did lose every last strand of hair on her beaner, but hair grows back.

Lastly........ ah crap, my husband's mother, Aunt Rosemary's sister, was diagnosed with three different types of cancer in June of 2006. She has SCC in the lymph nodes in her neck, lung cancer but they can't distinguish what type, and neither of those two are the primary. They hit her hard with Cisplatin and 5FU, three rounds megadosing all day infusions last Fall. She's been good since then, until now. She has a mass on her lung. They haven't biopsied yet so we don't know which cancer it is. Her doctor is unbelievably (the idiot) giving her megadoses of antibiotics to see if it's an infection. This line of treatment, this delay in finding out exactly what's going on- is beyond belief!! But my husband's mother is a very ignorant woman and believes that her doctor will tell her whatever it is she "needs" to know. I feel so bad for my dear husband who just keeps telling me that no one can tell his mother what to do.... I just know in my gut, that this is going to be bad. One day at a time.........

Hugs,
Lisa

Niece to Aunt Ro- Dx: 4/03. SCC Stg 4 BOT with mets to fl of mth & crvcl lymph node. AdenoC 1 sal gland. Two add. reconstrc. surgeries for adhesions. Recurrence 7/06- Sub-Mand AdenoC. Mets to both lungs. Lost her battle 5/4/07.