My husband's cancer has spread to the right lung too. His BOT and neck area are still clear and bone scan and MRI are also clear, but he had so many nodes involved that we knew the spread was a real possibility. He is scheduled for several months of chemo, cisplatin and Erbitux, starting Sep 26. He wavers as to if this is even worth the trouble. He feels fine now---is not sick and has strong lung function. The idea of bringing sickness on now that he still feels well is almost too much for him to deal with. He will get the cis/erb combo the first and fourth week, and week 2 and 3 only Erbitux. I feel like I can't pressure him into treatment, but want him to at least start, and if it gets too bad, then he can stop. He had 2 sessions of cisplatin during radiation and did well--was not too sick from it. He is also permanently on a PEG tube. He never recovered swallowing function well enough to sustain and he aspirates. At times he just wants this to run it's course and be done with it. This cancer is evil incarnate.

Caregiver to husband David, non smoker. Dx 1/06 SCC Base of Tongue Stage IV, neck nodes involved. Surgery/Chemo/Rad. Treatment finished 5/06. Waiting. Recurrence in lung, Aug07. 6 months Cisplatin/Erbitux. Spots shrinking after 3 Cisplatin tx.